Sunday 10 January 2016

MY ARGUMENT WITH AGUERO


Living in Manchester City comes with its challenges. It bloody rains all the time and there is dog poo all over the floor, its absolutely disgusting. But aside pet droppings, Manchester is a haven for bumping into celebrities, particularly sports celebrities ranging from Premier league superstars to International sporting legends, whether at the local shop or whilst going about your daily business.

I was sat at my living room, peeping out the window as i noticed a beautiful Mercedes Benz which appear to be attempting to park right infront of my house and usurping my parking space without my blessing.

"Excuse me" i yelled out, you cant park there..."why not...it's public road" yelled the guy at the passenger's seat "yeah but you're blocking my parking space" i protested...as i walked closer with the intentions of not allowing them to park in my spot and behold, the guy driving this Merc turned out to be David Silva of Manchester City football club.

He and his mates had come to the costume shop opposite my house, I reckon to hire some interesting outfits for the numerous parties young millionaire footballers are notorious for having and were just looking for somewhere near to park. "David Silva" i gushed...offering an handshake as he alighted, a shy smile and very few words, probably due to limited spoken English. He looked uncomfortable and eager to go about his business rather than engage me in the "Im a big fan" mumbo jumbo i was about to roll out.

By now i realised how i had come across and was a little embarrased about my earlier confrontation and exchange of words with the guy at the passengers seat who appear irritated by this as he didnt give me any time of day. They crossed over and disappeared into the costume shop.

I went after them into the costume shop and brought my phone out and asked David Silva for a photograph. He seem shy and reluctant and was looking to his friends almost like "save me" but I was not going to be denied and at this time, the friend at the passengers side who had argued with me over parking space said to me "please we only came to do some shopping, dont let people know we are here". In my mind, i was thinking "who the hell is this one" its David Silva's photograph i need and this scrub who is riding on his friend's fame is using "we" as if he's somebody.

I ignored him and simply gave him my phone and asked him to please take the picture of myself and Silva. I pulled Silva close to my side and placed my hands on his shoulder and asked him to smile. His friend took the picture then paused a bit, as if waiting for me to take a photo with him as well, but sorry...I dont do hangers on. I left happy having met shy unassuming David Silver which I thought was pretty cool.

Few days later, I watched Man City beat Newcastle and noticed something familiar about this particular goal scoring machine. His haircut and mannerism look like something I'd seen recently and suddenly it hit me...the dude i had argued with was Sergio Aguero. Not only did i argue with him, I completely ignored him after taking a selfie with Silva, without realising the bigger star was the guy using my phone to take the pictures. He had just come to Manchester City and I was not really bothered about the Premier league that much, so i just didnt know who he was.

For a moment i wondered how he must have felt that day at the costume shop, but such is the case of living in the city of Manchester. Your son may attend the same football Academy as Alex Fergussom's grand son or you may go to watch your nephew's under 13 football game and whilst standing in the rain with the other families, you realise the guy next to you is Phill Neville or you go to the club and Rio Ferdinand is sat at the VIP area.

No other place in the world bring you that close to sport stars more than Manchester and I am on a mission to find Sergio Aguero probably at a fish and chips shop or the local Asda and apologise to him for not taking a selfie with him and for arguing over parking space.

The finger wag. Ran into NBA legend Dikimbe Mutombo at Market Street Manchester.


"Ayorunbo" ex Bolton Wanderers Patrice Mwamba was a guest at an event i was invited to

Its Elesho Bonfere Jo at Kanu Heart Foundation charity match

Former NBA star John Amaechi at a Basketball showcase

Ran into former junior welterweight champion Hitman Ricky Hatton at the Ritz Hotel Manchester

Bandana Man Efe Sodje invited us for dinner

When Tu Baba came to town

Went to watch my nephew's under 13 match and look whose stood next to me

You go to your local bank and wham! you run into Amir Khan

Then you run into Bakare Sagnol same day

Danny Shitu was a perfect host

5 comments:

  1. First to comment on Lord Macjizzy's blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. First come first serve. Welcome to my world

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one there... you sure need to apologise to Aguero for not only not asking him for a selfie but also for not knowing him.

    Senator Deboh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one. Beautiful reading actually

    ReplyDelete